Tuesday 30 June 2009

Universal phone charger

I welcome the news that mobile phone companies are coming together to create a universal phone charger.
I think it is long overdue. I probably have about two old phone chargers lying about in my house doing nothing.
I want to get rid of them but I can't throw them away and I do not think mobile phone companies take them back.
There are so many things lying around creating waste around the house that I can't get rid of. For instance, I blogged about not knowing what to do with my old Sky remote control. Everything is working on it apart from the zero.
This makes me think that many households in the UK are hoarding stuff because they do not know what to do with them. We have become more environmentally aware so we hoard things because we can't throw them out.
Instead of sending waste to landfill our houses are becoming landfills themselves!!!Ahh!!
Think about it! How many batteries do you still have in your drawers? Or old video/DVD players?
Even if you wanted to use your old videos you couldn't because all the stores switched to DVD format.

Liz Gyekye, MRW, Senior Reporter

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments here: