Tuesday 10 March 2009

An endearing bin bag?

Is it me, or does anyone else think the black bin bag in the Starve Your Bin television adverts is too cute?

It rifles through the recycling box like a pet dog and then begs Alistair to feed it some more cans. In fact I’m reminded of a dopey old pet that my family used to have and I think, yeah give the bag some more cans!

Surely this is not the response the campaign was after. But the real bin bag in my kitchen does not get cans, plastic bottles or anything else my councils deems fit to recycle. So perhaps I’m being a little harsh.

Yet when I compare it to the earlier poster campaign, I found the two dimensional bin bag character much easier to dislike and I wanted to deprive it of recyclates. Perhaps a creepier, Disney villain voice would’ve worked better on television.

But then this advert isn’t aimed at me is it. I recycle all ready. Maybe it does work on people who don’t. If you haven’t’ already seen it, watch and judge for yourself.

http://www.recycleforlondon.com/starve/tv/

Claire Churchard, senior reporter, MRW

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments here: